Top Ten Dental Problems
Most dental health problems are caused by bad habits, environmental factors and genetics. Good dental hygiene habits, a balanced diet and biannual dental checkups with our Northridge dentist can help reduce your risk of many dental health problems.
• Chronic bad breath, which is frequently caused by gum disease and cavities - Improved dental hygiene habits and a trip to our dentist can help you conquer chronic bad breath.
• Periodontal disease, or gum disease - Regular dental checkups, brushing twice daily and flossing every day can prevent gum disease.
• Sensitive teeth, particularly when consuming hot, cold or sweet foods or beverages - Tooth sensitivity is extremely common and can be caused by aggressive brushing, worn enamel or dental decay.
• Crooked teeth - Although uneven teeth can be a cosmetic issue, they can also be a dental health problem. Orthodontic treatments can help straighten your smile.
• Toothache - Sensitivity, cavities, infections and abscesses can all be linked to toothache. Regular dental checkups and good dental hygiene can reduce your risk of suffering toothache.
• Damaged teeth - Sports, ice, glassware and accidents can all fracture or damage a tooth. Our dentist may recommend a range of treatment options depending on the location and severity of the damage.
• Enamel erosion - Often caused by aggressive brushing or acidic beverages, enamel erosion can weaken the structure of the tooth and cause sensitivity or chipping.
• Sores - Sores on the soft tissues of the mouth can have a variety of causes. Over-the-counter medications can help alleviate the pain. However, if you have a sore that persists longer than two weeks, contact us for further evaluation.
• Bite abnormalities - Overbite, underbite and crossbite can be related to a poorly developed jaw or bad dental habits and can lead to difficulty chewing or speaking.
• Tooth decay - Second only to the common cold in prevalence, tooth decay can be avoided with a healthy diet, good dental hygiene and regular professional cleanings.
Back to Blog and Media